Please make a donation to WIHS Today – It's Easy! Just click here.
WIHS remains completely listener-supported and commercial-free thanks to the faithfulness of God and listeners just like you!
Click here to check out some of the other unique features of this powerful radio ministry.
WIHS Letter Month - April 2016
We're looking for your letter, card, or email this month to tell us your thoughts about WIHS. We'd love to hear how the ministry programming is helping your walk with the Lord. Share your memories about a WIHS Banquet that you've attended, or why you started listening to the station. Your notes and emails are always an encouragement! During letter month, you'll hear our announcers reading many of the letters we have received. We hope you'll take a few moments to write to WIHS during April!
Bread of Life - Live!
Friday, April 29, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Shiloh Christian Church, 693 Saybrook Road, Middletown, CT
Since the 1970's, dozens of area pastors have contributed devotionals to the WIHS Bread of Life radio series. Now, WIHS gives you the opportunity to hear two of these men present the word of God on the same night at the first ever Bread of Life - Live!
6th Annual Bible Reading Marathon
Thursday, May 5 – Wednesday, May 11, 2016
8am – 10pm each day
On The Steps Of The State Capitol (210 Capitol Ave. in Hartford, CT)
Join with hundreds of Christians as we read through the Bible out loud on the steps of the Connecticut State Capitol! It will take nearly 100 hours to read from Genesis to Revelation and you are invited to be a part of this powerful event!
- Teams consisting of 8 readers each are needed to fill 49 two-hour time slots
- Reserve a two-hour time slot for your group
- Then ... recruit 7 of your friends to join you (each person in your group reads for 15 minutes)
- Readers may use the translation and language of their choice (NO Amplified or Apocrypha for the sake of time)
The Bible Reading Marathon is ideal for churches, Christian schools, Kingdom businesses, Bible study groups, Sunday School classes or friends and family members who want to join!
Reserve early to get the time slot of your choice. Contact House of Good Hope - Hartford House of Prayer:
- By phone - 860-262-2736
- By email: BibleReadingMarathon@hotmail.com
- By visiting: hartfordprayer.com (look at pics from a previous year, too!)
Use this exceptional opportunity to make a real difference for the Kingdom of God by declaring God's Word over our state seat of government!
"Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture..." 1 Timothy 4:13 (NIV)
(Last year nearly 400 readers from over 49 different churches and Christian ministries from all parts of Connecticut and Massachusetts participated. The Bible was read in English, French, Vietnamese, Creole, 4 Indian languages, Italian, Igbo (one of the languages in Nigeria), and several people read in Spanish - Praise GOD!!)
65th Annual National Day of Prayer
May 5, 2016
Throughout the state and country, millions will gather in public places to pray for our nation on the 65th annual observance of the National Day of Prayer.
For the last 6 years, Connecticut has been the only state to have all of its cities and towns represented! So ... there are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved - start praying now and visit nationaldayofprayer.org for more information including a prayer event near you!
Praise God! This is yet another extraordinary opportunity to declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ!
WIHS Station Manager, Mark Channon, Speaks at First Church of God
WIHS Station Manager, Mark Channon, was invited to speak at First Church of God in Hartford Sunday morning, March 13th. Oral Blackstock is the pastor at the church and is a good friend of WIHS. He is also one of the speakers you hear on Bread of Life. Contact WIHS if you'd like Mark to present the ministry of WIHS or fill the pulpit at your church.
Sponsor A Day Of Broadcasting On WIHS in 2016
When you sponsor a day of broadcasting on WIHS you'll not only help to advance the Lord's work through Connecticut's only Live and Local Christian radio station, but also can recognize someone special in your life or a milestone event.
Here's how it works:
- Pick a special day on the 2016 calendar you'd like to sponsor (a birthday, anniversary, graduation, significant milestone, in memorial, in recognition of an important person in your life, etc.).
- Call WIHS at 860-346-1049 to express your interest and we will give you the details.
- We will help you craft an announcement that listeners will hear throughout that broadcast day saying that you are underwriting the day in celebration/memory of whatever or whomever you have chosen to remember.
- You will bring a blessing to the recipient in a very unique way, and support WIHS at the same time.
2016 Daily Bible Reading Guide
During April, The Daily Bible Reading Guide from The Connecticut Bible Society lays out 30 Old Testament texts for us to examine. Each one supports April's topic, "God's Word of Mercy and Forgiveness". We'll spend nearly half the month reading the heartbreaking story of Hosea, and reap some wonderful lessons we can apply.
Order a copy of the guide for yourself and let the Bible be your lamp and guide! To get your complimentary edition
- Call WIHS weekdays during business hours - 860-346-1049
- Click here to order On-Line
- Send your mailing address to us at email@example.com
- Living at the Horizon
- Steve Amerson
- Living at the Horizon More
Last Played at 01:21AM
Updated: April 05, 2016